By Lyndsay Marvin
There is no better day than today: it’s National Dog Day! Even though we celebrate our dogs every
single day, it’s always fun to have an entire day dedicated to our pups. It’s also fun to see the photos other people share of their dogs on special days like today!
In honor of National Dog Day, we wanted to share 20 reasons why we love dogs.
- They’re adorable.
- They’re the ultimate companion.
- They love us unconditionally.
- They give unlimited kisses.
- No matter if it’s been 5 minutes or 5 hours; they’re incredibly excited to see us.
- We always have someone to talk to.
- They cuddle with us.
- They can be trained to help us (i.e. services dogs, emotional support dogs).
- They help us meet people (dogs want to greet other dogs, and people!).
- They give us a sense of purpose.
- They won’t judge us, no matter what silly things we do.
- They’re always down to pawty. 😉
- They’re incredibly smart.
- They keep us active (walks, runs, playing fetch).
- They’re great for learning true responsibility.
- They help us judge people’s character (if my dog doesn’t like you, I probably won’t like you).
- They are happy almost all the time (talk about a great motivator!).
- They help relieve stress.
- Holidays, like Halloween, are more fun with dogs.
- They’re great protection (for ourselves and our children).
We could give a million more reasons why dogs are amazing, but these are our mains. We’re celebrating National Dog Day by giving tons of love, snuggles, and treats to our dogs; how are you celebrating? What reasons do you have for why dogs are the best? Share in the comments below!